The mission of the Commissioner’s office is to serve the citizens of Stafford County by providing the highest level of customer service, integrity and fiscal responsibility. We will apply fairly, uniformly and impartially the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia and the County of Stafford, while remaining accountable to the citizens of Stafford.
Type of Office
The Office of the Commissioner of the Revenue is a Constitutional office. It is an elected four-year term and serves at the pleasure of the voters.
- 2014 Reassessment notices were mailed out on February 21, 2014.
- Board of Supervisors repeal of BPOL.
- Results from annual Auditor of Public Accounts (APA) audit finds Commissioner of the Revenue, Sheriff and Treasurer in compliance for Fiscal Year 2013.
- Military Spousal Residency Relief Act information now available.
- Newly redesigned real estate on-line site launched February 2014.